Brussels sprouts are a great source of soluble fiber. This recipe is a welcome and warming part of any winter meal when you will find Brussels sprouts available.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle oven-safe pan with olive oil.
- Places sprouts cut side down in the pan.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Turn burner on high and cook Brussels on the stovetop without stirring until they significantly brown (but not burn) on the cut side.
- Turn off burner and place pan into the oven to finish cooking for approximately 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of your sprouts and desired firmness.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle lightly with sea salt and enjoy!
Nutrition per serving (1 cup)
120 calories, 5.8 g fiber, 5.7 g protein, 5.6 g fat complete nutrition facts
Diet + Florasophy
Research shows that getting 20 grams of soluble fiber daily can improve many health conditions and optimize your microbiome. But getting that much fiber through diet alone isn't always easy. Boost your fiber intake with Florasophy—each serving contains 4 grams of soluble fiber!