Banana bread can be a true, family-friendly crowd pleaser. Over the years we've learned that banana breads can be awesome gluten-free (or at least undetected by our kids). This version has an additional fiber boost with Florasophy included!
- 4 small/med very overripe bananas or 3 larger ones, mashed well
- 4 large eggs room temp
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup butter melted and cooled to almost room temp
- 1/3 cup macadamia milk
- 1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Florasophy's Daily Fix
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Whisk together all dry ingredients and set aside. Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a medium loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and mashed bananas, then add vanilla, butter and macadamia milk until well combined (if preferred, you can blend the wet ingredients in a blender for smoother banana.)
2. Slowly stir the dry mixture into the wet until moistened and no visible flour remains. Don’t use an electric mixer as it will over mix the batter and prevent it from rising properly.
3. Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the loaf pan resting on a wire rack, then remove using the parchment paper to help you, slice and serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition per serving (1 slice, recipe makes 8 servings)
322 calories, 7.9 g fiber, 9.2 g protein, 21.3 g fat complete nutrition facts
Diet + Florasophy
Research shows that getting 20 grams of soluble fiber daily can improve many health conditions and optimize your microbiome. But getting that much fiber through diet alone isn't always easy. Boost your fiber intake with Florasophy—each serving contains 4 grams of soluble fiber!