Pancakes don’t have to be reserved for relaxed weekends. This little trick will keep you on track with your morning routine, boost fiber intake and fill your kids up before school. Before the week starts, pre-prep your batter by following the instructions on your favorite pancake mix and storing in the fridge. When you’re ready to fry up a delicious pancake for your kiddo, add ¼ cup milk or water and 1 tbsp Florasophy for every 1 cup batter you use. Mix well and fry. The added fiber will keep your kids focused and energized without a mid-morning crash. Learn more about kids and fiber.
Florasophy pancake fiber-boost
- Choose your favorite pancake mix and follow the mixing instructions on the package.
- Add: 1 tbsp Florasophy (per cup of batter)
- Add: 1/4 cup additional milk (per cup of batter)
- Shake (I like to add all ingredients to a mason jar and shake) or mix well
- Chocolate chips (optional)
Nutrition per serving (1/2 cup batter )
334 calories, 11.7 g fiber, 13.4 g protein, 9.5 g fat complete nutrition facts
Diet + Florasophy
Research shows that getting 20 grams of soluble fiber daily can improve many health conditions and optimize your microbiome. But getting that much fiber through diet alone isn't always easy. Boost your fiber intake with Florasophy—each serving contains 4 grams of soluble fiber!